Monday, June 11, 2012

Thoughts on this rainy day..

I woke up early this morning and fixed some homemade biscuits - made with fresh buttermilk from my uncle's milk cow. I fried some bacon and eggs and fixed some coffee. Eric had to take his breakfast to-go, so he wouldn't be late for work. But I enjoyed mine on the front porch, while I listened to the birds sing and the roosters crow across the creek. Early morning is such a great time of the day...

I've spent the afternoon cuddling with my favorite person in the whole wide world. Clayton is the sweetest boy. I love those quiet times, when he just rests with his head on my chest and looks around with those big bright eyes.. I played some music on my iPod and tapped his feet along with the beat. He grinned from ear to ear. We watched some Baby Einstein and we napped a bit, too..

Now I'm sitting in this beautiful lobby in the new part of the hospital, waiting during shift change. There's a guy next to me playing a pretty tune on his guitar.. And I can see the sun popping her head out to say hello. It's a great day.. And I just know we're going to be home soon <3

1 comment:

  1. ((Big Hugs))...I love you!!

    I remember those special times with my babies. :)

    ReplyDelete