Sunday, October 7, 2012

They say the eyes are the window to the soul...


This was the first time I ever seen Clay's eyes. He was about 4 days old and on ECMO, his poor little face was too puffy to open his left eye.
 This was such a special moment for me. Clay looked and looked at me with that one little eye as I talked to him and cheered him on. 
I felt such a connection with him that day. I could see a sparkle in his eye told me he was alive, and he was not giving up.



Here we are, nearly a year later--eyes still full of sparkle.

 Clay's soul is alive.
And I am so, so thankful.


2 comments:

  1. The boy's a thinker, a dreamer, a seer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clay and Family
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Clay is a precious miracle, special gift, handsome prince. Clay is a cute earthly angel. Clay is a smilen champ, inspirational hero, courageous fighter, and a brave warrior.
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, 14 medical conditions.
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete