Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy Holidays!

It was a very Merry Christmas here in the hills...so thankful that our sweet boy was home with us to celebrate this year.
I've been such a good boy :)

Clay didn't seem too interested in ripping the paper off the presents or even what was under the wrapping, but he sure was all eyes...just watching all the madness :)

He got to visit with lots of family & he entertained us all with his big cheesy grins. I cannot say it enough, this child is a HAM!

Yep, I'm a HAM! ;)

He doesn't meet a stranger and takes up with anybody. He is the friendliest baby...and the happiest.
Even though we do have a lot of extra 'stuff' to deal with, he really does make it easy on us. We are SO SO blessed.

I'm also thankful we've managed to keep him healthy so far this cold/flu season.. *knock on wood* We've all had our flu vaccines and he's gotten two rounds of his RSV vaccinations, so hopefully we can keep it up!

There's not much new medical stuff to report, we didn't make any changes with his ventilator settings or anything at his last doc appointment. We have an appointment with Dr. Draus, our trusty ol surgeon, on Friday the 4th...we'll be setting a date for the Nissen then.. I dread it :/

We have been trying out the Passy-Muir valve... which is a valve that connects to the vent circuit & forces him to exhale air out of his mouth/nose instead of his trach. The PMV is also supposed to make it easier for him to talk. It is an adjustment for him, as you can imagine. But he does pretty good with it, although he talks a lot more WITHOUT the valve! He's learning to say 'ball' and 'bye-bye' and it's so stinkin' sweet!

He loves looking out our window at the neighbor's horses in the field. And he loves to see our dog too. We're planning to get a puppy in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see how he reacts to it!

My little Clayton Cash is such a joy. He never cries, but here lately, when he's sleepy, he cries for his mommy. And I can't help but feel so happy. So many times I've wondered if he knows me as his mommy, but I think I can now rest easy :) I know I've got him rotten, but I can't help it!

He is my world <3




The very best Christmas present!


I hope your holidays have been filled with happiness & love and I wish lots of blessings for the New Year.. Bring it on 2013! ;)


XOXOXO!



1 comment:

  1. Eric and Hannah....
    I just discovered your Blog. I, too was born with a diaphragmatic hernia, among other birth defects. I am now 29 years old. I love, love, love to write!! And, I enjoy singing. It sets my soul free somehow. People say that I am good.... ;)
    Clay is adorable!! Beautiful in more ways than one. No, wait. As my phrase goes, he is Beautifully Unique!! ;-D
    I will be praying for Clay's continued good health!! ;)
    Keep posting. I want to watch Clay grow up!! ;-D
    "I (we) shouldn't be alive... unless it were for a reason." ~Tony Stark
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete