Wednesday, May 23, 2012

7 months..

Hello again, friends! :)

Clay is still doing very well! The boy's got spunk, let me tell ya! We have the best time with him..he is such a sweet blessing. And so entertaining! All the NICU staff agrees too, I believe ;)

...We are on the O.R. schedule for next Tuesday, the 29th. Dr. Draus will be trying to fix the problem that is causing Clay's stomach not to empty. Please be praying for a quick, easy fix. And for a smooth operation & recovery. And pray, for everyone's sake, that this is the last trip to the O.R. for a looong loooong time.
...Clay is still ventilating well! He's been on 21% oxygen--ROOM AIR--for nearly 2 weeks now! Incredible! His pressures continue to get weaned slowly..and he's not seemed to notice. Such a big improvement from before. Continue to pray that his little lungs & diaphragm heal and grow just as they should. And please be praying that we can get transitioned to a home ventilator with no hiccups or set-backs, whenever that time comes..

I couldn't help but tear up tonight, as I cuddled Clay up tight. Our little fighter is 7 months old!!!! From the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows, we've been through it all. Yet again, I am feeling so overwhelmingly thankful for God's grace. Thankful to hold my sweet boy tight and smell his sweet baby skin and watch him sleep. I pray that Clay will continue to be strong, happy & healthy..and that we can get HOME soon. Seven months is a long time. And while the NICU is our 'normal' now, I cannot wait for the day me & Eric get to sit on the porch with our little buddy..

..One day...

But for now, we will continue on, with lots of love & thankfulness & patience in our hearts..

Love & blessings to you all! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment